Hi mum, I’m getting older, and you’re getting older. Now, you’re 15 weeks pregnant. I am in size of a lemon; wow! My skeleton and muscles are getting stronger inside. I also have additives – the hair follicle begins to produce hair color, and my body’s complexion continues to develop, even though it is still very thin.
The 15th week of pregnancy is considered one of the most remarkable and exciting weeks of pregnancy; The reason for this is that this period is the beginning of the real feeling that a beautiful child is fluttering in your bowels.
For every mother, one of the happiest times is the feeling that she can talk to her child. He can hear her and even interact with her with his beautiful movements. Especially he can distinguish your voice from what others are and knows very well that you are the closest person to him.
At 15 weeks pregnant, Your baby is about the size of A Lemon.
Length: 10.1 cm
- You are in the second trimester.
- You are in the fourth month.
- The remaining number of weeks: 25
- The legs grow more this week, so they are longer than the arms.
- The fetus can move all its limbs now.
- The fetus is now sensitive to light, although it closes its eyes all the time. If you turn on a vital light source and shine it on your belly, it will move away from it.
- The gender of the fetus may be determined during this period using an ultrasound examination, and this matter may continue to be a mystery for a few more weeks.
- Your baby’s taste buds begin to develop, but he or she isn’t able to taste yet.
- Your baby is still making a lot of movements, punching, and kicking, even though you don’t feel like it now.
- The fetus’s body is now covered in a layer of hair, and the head and eyebrow hair has also begun to grow.
Since your baby’s body is changing steadily at 15 weeks pregnant, it is normal for some changes to occur during pregnancy. Besides all the changes your body has already gone through, you can look forward to other changes like:
- Your belly will be bigger and clearer, and the good news is that it will grow more.
- As your body begins to work hard to accommodate your baby’s body, it may start to feel cramped from time to time.
- Ideally, this is the time when you should be looking for some weight gain.
- It may start to feel like your regular clothes are a bit tight, and you should buy maternity clothes if you haven’t done so yet.
15 weeks pregnant Belly Size
For most pregnant women, the abdomen should appear clearly, especially if this is not your first pregnancy. For first-time pregnant women, there’s also the possibility that you won’t show up much, or you can at least mask the novel signs of pregnancy well.
However, the fifteenth week of pregnancy is a transitional stage in the second trimester and pregnancy in general. You should be prepared that your uterus’ size does not fit well with the size of your pelvis. And at the start of the 15th week, your uterus should have already stretched to accommodate your baby.
15 Weeks Pregnant symptoms
You should now have experienced new symptoms every once in a while since you became pregnant! Needless to say, week 15 will be no different. Some of these symptoms may include:
- Sex drive: This is officially a new symptom at 15 weeks of pregnancy. During the past few months, you may have been feeling nauseous, with mood swings and a desire to avoid sex in general. But by the beginning of the fifteenth week, you will feel energetic enough to have sexual intercourse.
- Sensitivity to odors: The nasal passages tend to be more sensitive, and as blood volume increases, you may experience nosebleeds.
- Shortness of breath: You will also feel some shortness of breath as your body is trying to absorb another human being.
- Indigestion / Heartburn: This is another symptom that you will witness because your hormones urge the muscles to relax to receive the fetus and thus relax the digestive system’s muscles.
- Bleeding gums: The gums may be red, swollen, and very sensitive at this pregnancy stage. This is mostly caused by pregnancy hormones that stimulate gingivitis. A small bump such as a gestational adenoma may also develop, but it is entirely painless and harmless, and if this occurs, it will usually fade after birth.
15 Weeks Pregnant Ultrasound
Pregnant women tend to get used by 15 weeks pregnant because most of the symptoms causing discomfort to tend to subside by that time. Morning sickness is gone, as are persistent nausea, fatigue, and general irritability.
However, the most important thing for mothers to think about is the health of the developing fetus. The fetus is growing inside of you, and the examination is the only way to check how the fetus is developing. This is why it is so important to have an ultrasound scan in the fifteenth week of mothers.
Why is an ultrasound examination at the fifteenth week necessary?
There are many reasons why a mother might need to know her fetus’s growth during this second trimester.
- Doctors do this test to see if the fetus is developing smoothly.
- You can see how much the fetus is growing at this time, which makes you feel advanced and satisfied.
- Some expressions may be seen on the child’s face. Nothing makes a mother happier than seeing her baby smile (or frown) for the first time.
- The doctor may also identify the gender of the fetus.
How to prepare for an ultrasound scan during pregnancy?
Preparation for this ultrasound scan does not include anything significantly different compared to previous tests. As with all ultrasound scans, you are required to drink plenty of water beforehand.
This ensures a full bladder, which will assist the technician in obtaining clear images of the fetus. So, you can start preparing by drinking at least a liter (or more) of water about 1-2 hours before the start of the scan so that you have the urge to urinate at the time of the scan. Also, you should not urinate again until after the test is completed.
How long does a pregnancy ultrasound take at the fifteenth week?
The scanning process usually occurs within 10 to 15 minutes, as all ultrasound scans do not take much time. If there are any technical malfunctions, this process may take longer. However, in most cases, the test occurs within half an hour or so.
How is an ultrasound performed at 15 weeks pregnant?
Usually, ultrasound scans for expectant mothers do not include any surgical procedures. You are asked to lie on your back, exposing your stomach. To reduce friction, a technician applies jelly to your abdomen. The plastic probe is pressed into your upper abdomen and moved to various locations.
The images appear momentary as the checks are performed on a computer, and the technician takes snapshots of the probe at various locations. The entire process does not last long unless the photos are not clear enough. In such cases, a plastic wand that emits ultrasound is inserted into the vagina so that the technician can obtain clear images of the baby. In all cases, the test takes no more than half an hour.
What can be seen on a fifteenth-week ultrasound?
The pictures of the fetus on the ultrasound can tell you during 15 weeks pregnant and tell the doctor a lot about how the fetus is growing.
You can see your baby making a lot of funny expressions during the test – the fetus will frown, frown, smile, and star. Only this is the fetus trying its new developing muscles. You can see the fetus swallowing or sucking its thumb. May move arms and legs as well. The photos show the skin of the fetus, which will have a paper-like consistency.
The blood vessels running beneath are visible. A baby’s scalp with eyebrows is also visible during this stage. Your baby may already have hair on his head. This temporary soft hair is called fetal fluff. The baby’s skeletal system is still growing, as existing cartilage slowly turns into stronger bones. However, one should not be anxious.
The bone is still flexible enough for the baby to pass through the birth canal without difficulty. Nor is it stiff enough for a child to stand on, even a toddler learning to walk. He may also be able to turn his head and form fists at this time. The development of the external genitalia is also continuous, so the doctor will be able to guess the gender of the child with an accuracy of approximately 80%.
What happens if abnormalities are seen when performing the examination?
Indeed, an ultrasound examination of the fetus at the fifteenth week gives the doctor a clear idea of ??how the fetus is developing, so it may be recommended to conduct more tests if anything abnormal is discovered. Although a three-dimensional ultrasound scan at the fifteenth week is quite comprehensive, it is still not sufficient to be sure.
There are no routine tests prescribed for mothers at this time of pregnancy. Still, women over the age of 35, who become pregnant may benefit from amniocentesis and multiple marker screening tests. The former uses a sample of amniotic fluid from the uterus to check for genetic abnormalities in the fetus.
An ultrasound scan in the week of pregnancy can be helpful for both the mother and the fetus. The doctor can see the fetus’s growth, while the mother can see the fetus issuing expressions for the first time. It can also help mothers detect any abnormalities in the fetus’s development at an early stage, and therefore the examination is highly recommended.
Pregnancy Checklist at 15 Weeks Pregnant
At 15 weeks pregnant, This is the time when you must keep your baby safe. And you have to make a lot of wise choices to give birth to a healthy baby.
What to do,
- Drink a lot of water.
- Get more rest and regular hours of sleep.
- Eat adequate amounts of food at the right times.
- Take medications and vitamins prescribed by your doctor.
- Exercise in moderation to overcome various aches.
What not to do,
- Direct exposure to harmful radiation.
- Excessive exercise.
- Take medications without consulting a doctor.
- Extreme anxiety and lack of positivity.
- Being hungry.
What should you buy,
When it comes to having a baby, your shopping list is going to be enormous and endless. However, let’s examine a practical plan that will be helpful to you.
- Comfortable shoes, it is best to avoid high heels.
- A body pillow to help you sleep with all the aches and pains.
- Healthy snacks to keep you fit and satisfy your hunger.
- The books of pregnancy, childbirth, and parenting.
- Comfortable maternity clothes made of cotton.
- Lotions and moisturizers as your skin may tend to dry out.
Nutrition at 15 Weeks Pregnant
Among all the things that will worry you during this period, the type of foods you should eat at 15 weeks pregnant will appear at the top of the list. What also concerns you is eating healthy because you are no longer eating only for yourself but another growing inside of you. Before you get worried, review the suggested list below.
- Include reasonable amounts of whole fruits and leafy vegetables in your diet.
- Don’t forget to include small amounts of starches, such as bread and iron-fortified cereals.
- Include milk and dairy products in your diet because you need calcium to grow the baby’s bones.
- You can eliminate your nutritional concerns by eating plenty of protein, especially lean meat, oily fish, eggs, etc. Eating small amounts of well-cooked red meat also helps you get essential proteins.
- Eat well-cooked eggs to get some omega-3 fatty acids.
Exercises At 15 Weeks Pregnant
At 15 weeks pregnant, Gentle exercise suitable for this stage of pregnancy will help reduce pain in your back and legs; You can also do yoga exercises that focus on meditation and deep breathing to prepare yourself and your body for childbirth.