Being 2 weeks pregnant is the same as the first week of pregnancy, in that you are not pregnant yet. Remember that your doctor calculates the due date from the first day of your last menstrual period. But what distinguishes this second week is the occurrence of ovulation at the end. So your body is in the fertile stage and ready to have a baby.
The question that poses itself to the two partners, whether they speak out or keep it in their beds is: When will he become a father? When will I become a mother? Do I qualify for that stage or not? Am I capable of conceiving, or will I encounter obstacles?
To answer many of these questions and more, in our article today, we will learn about 2 weeks pregnant, and what are the symptoms that indicate pregnancy? What precautions must be observed in the marital relationship during this period to ensure that pregnancy is stabilized and the mother is not subjected to miscarriage?
Your baby is about the size of an Apple seed
- You are in the first trimester
- You are in the first month
- The remaining number of weeks: 38
The period preceding is considered the body’s readiness for ovulation, as the ovaries begin preparing for ovulation two weeks after the start of the menstrual cycle.
Although there is no development on the embryo in this week, by its end, the ovarian follicle will release an egg or eggs, which will then travel through the fallopian tube. Large numbers of sperm will travel their way in the same path as the fallopian tube, searching for the egg after sexual intercourse. Upon encounter, one of them will penetrate the egg, and if this happens, it will be considered fertile. If the egg is not fertilized, it will dissolve during menstruation.
Within 24 hours, the zygote (called the fertilized egg) continues its journey through the fallopian tube towards the uterus, where it will soon settle and begin to grow. If two eggs are released instead of one – and different sperms bites each egg – you will soon carry a fraternal twin. According to research in human reproduction, if you are over the age of 35, the chance of this happening is high.
With the beginning of the third of the menstrual cycle, fertilization has occurred, which means the fertilized egg is incubating, throughout which the egg divides until it becomes the clot that occupies the uterus. And its weight has reached about 100 grams, and by that time the fetus has not yet come to life. The formation of the placenta or endometrium begins in the second week of pregnancy.
For pregnancy to occur, sexual communication must arise in the fertile stage. Healthy semen can stay in the cervix for 3 to 5 days. Peak fertility is likely two days before ovulation or on the day of ovulation itself.
Before ovulation, estrogen levels rise, which is an excellent indication that ovulation is about to occur in a few days. Once the fertilized egg attaches to the uterine wall, the hormone HCG is secreted, indicating pregnancy when the mother’s urine is analyzed. However, timing is not a very accurate way of determining pregnancy because each woman’s response varies. The hormone concentration also varies, so it is possible that its effects do not appear in the first analysis, but appear in the second analysis after another week, or when the analysis is performed in a specialized laboratory.
It has become easy to do a pregnancy test at home, utilizing a pregnancy test strip, prepared to change its color in the presence of the HCG hormone found in the pregnant woman’s urine and blood as soon as the egg implants in the uterus and the placenta begins.
And the success rate of this test is considered above 90% if the test is done according to the instructions written on it. It’s essential to do the test a day or more after menstruation. But if the test is performed during the menstrual cycle, the result will not be accurate. In this case, it is preferable to analyze in the laboratory to increase the results’ accuracy.
2 Weeks Pregnant symptoms
At the beginning of the second week of pregnancy, some symptoms begin to appear, such as swelling of the breasts due to the body’s intense hormonal activity. Also, the circular area around the nipple has a larger area and darker color than it was.
The implantation of the fetal sac in the uterus can cause some cramps and light bleeding during the second week of pregnancy. But the color of the blood is bright red and should not cause any concern for the pregnant woman, as this is a natural phenomenon that will disappear within two days at most.
Among the common symptoms at 2 weeks pregnant:
- Exhaustion: Hormonal imbalance and high estrogen levels cause pregnant women to feel exhausted and continuously want to sleep, so the pregnant woman should get an adequate sleep period of at least 8 hours at night. It is also okay to have a rest period in the middle of the day when she gets another installment from sleep to endure more activity during the day.
- Feeling of nausea: The sense of smell in a pregnant woman is strengthened due to the increase in the estrogen hormone in the body, making her more sensitive to smells in general, especially cigarette smoke and various perfumes, and also to types of foods. These symptoms increase or disappear for each pregnant separately, and these symptoms often disappear after the third month of pregnancy.
- Mood change: With all the changes that happen to the pregnant woman, we find that she feels uneasy, anxious, and irritable, sometimes she is nervous for no apparent reason, and those around her must understand that.
- Weight gain: A pregnant woman begins to feel an increase in weight more than her normal weight, and the reason for this is due to the physiological changes that she is exposed to due to pregnancy.
- Vaginal Discharge: With the entry of 2 weeks pregnant, vaginal secretions begin to appear different from the usual in texture and smell, as they tend to brown affected by the remnants of bleeding resulting from the egg’s attachment to the uterine wall.
2 Weeks Pregnant Ultrasound
You probably won’t get a 2-week pregnant ultrasound. If you could see inside your 2-week belly at the time of ovulation, I think you’d see: First, your ovary releases the egg. Then, it must be fertilized within 12 to 24 hours. If you slept with your partner in the last six days, there could still be living sperm inside of you. If not, you’ll need to perform sex without delay so you can become pregnant.
Tips for your Pregnancy Checklist at 2 Weeks Pregnant
- Make love as you can … It’s time to have sex regularly to boost your chances for conceiving.
- Completely abstain from drinking ginger, cinnamon, and any very hot drinks because they put the pregnancy at risk.
- Stop taking any medical drugs unless necessary and under the doctor’s supervision because they may cause birth defects.
- Not to be subjected to exhaustion or to engage in strenuous work that may cause a danger to the fetus’s stability.
- Sleeping on the back for as long as possible, especially when the fetus may become immobile with the use of stabilizers indicated by the doctor, and relaxation during the first pregnancy period.
- Pay attention to good nutrition, especially proteins, fresh vegetables, and fruits, while taking care of excessive weight gain by limiting the intake of starches and carbohydrates.
- Paying attention to the pregnant woman’s psychological state, taking into account the physical changes she is going through, and providing an atmosphere of calm, love, and fun for her.
- Avoid spicy food, fish, and fruits that may cause contractions in the uterus that may lead to miscarriage, such as papaya and pineapple.
- Sometimes a pregnant woman suffers during the first weeks of pregnancy, slight bleeding resulting from the attachment of the fertilized egg to the uterus wall.
But if the pregnant woman notices the intensity of this bleeding, she must urgently consult a doctor; it may be a sign of miscarriage.
- It is also possible for the pregnant woman’s temperature to rise during the first weeks of pregnancy. Still, if the temperature rises more than it should be, she must do what is necessary to reduce the temperature quickly to not cause the loss of the fetus.
And we stress that this is done by natural methods such as making cold compresses, and avoiding taking antidepressants to heat, except when necessary and in consultation with a specialist.
- Completely abstain from smoking and drinking alcohol, and limit caffeine-rich stimulants such as coffee and tea.
- If you have not done this yet, now may be the most appropriate time for you and your husband to have blood tests, discover carriers of inherited diseases, and refer to your health plan’s genetic counsellor.
Nutrition At 2 Weeks Pregnant
From meal to meal, your child grows up!
From the moment of fertilization, your nutrition will help you provide the basic pillars for the fetus’s development. Every cell and organ that will grow in this little creature will take time, so you must have a nutritious and healthy diet in this pregnancy week, and during the whole pregnancy.
Growing a child from one cell consumes enormous energy, as well as nutrients and resources from your body. So healthy nutrition is important for its development.
In the second week of pregnancy, you should:
- Eat a balanced diet and choose those that contain proteins, carbohydrates, fats, vitamins, and minerals.
- Consume basic food groups in proportional quantities: vegetables and fruits should make up half of the plate, grains, and proteins the second half. Fats, sugar, and salt are best consumed in moderation.
Exercises At 2 Weeks Pregnant
There is nothing to prevent a pregnant woman from practicing yoga exercises, stretching, walking, running, swimming, or riding a stationary bike, especially if she was practicing it before the occurrence of pregnancy. But if she did not practice sports previously, this is not an obstacle for her from practicing sports; you should start practicing it gradually for short periods that increase over time.
In some special cases, there may be some medical contraindication for the pregnant woman to exercise in the first months of pregnancy, such as the occurrence of repeated miscarriage previously, or the presence of a warning miscarriage. In these cases, the pregnant woman may need to rest completely and refrain from exercising any effort.