Hi mum, Welcome My sweety, you’re now 27 weeks pregnant .. Yes We Did It! We will end this journey soon.
If you haven’t felt my movement yet, you will be feeling more of my movements this week. I feel more developed now – the lungs, the liver, the immune system.
At 27 weeks pregnant, your comfortable period is almost over. That is, by counting the months, at this time, you will have just entered the seventh month of pregnancy. It is the month that comes, and with it, a lot of pregnancy troubles keep increasing until the time of delivery.
But what distinguishes this week is that your fetus has become completely complete, and it does not lack much until it comes out into your world.
At 27 weeks pregnant, Your baby is about the size of A CORN
Length: 36.6 cm
- You are in the second trimester
- You are in the sixth month
- The remaining number of weeks: 13
- The child’s body continues to fill, and muscles continue to develop.
- At 27 weeks pregnant, the baby now looks the same as a newborn, with hair, eyebrows, and eyelashes, but a slightly smaller size.
- The child is now able to open and close his eyes.
- As the child continues to grow in size, his brain continues to be increasingly active.
- The smooth surface of the brain now evolves to form the grooves characteristic of the mature brain.
- Some experts believe that dreams may begin at 27 weeks pregnant.
- Babies often have bouts of hiccups that last for a few moments at this stage, which the mother may feel as regular gentle movements.
- If your baby is born in the 27th week of pregnancy, he or she will have an 85% chance of surviving with medical help.
- The lung is still not fully developed at this stage, but it will function with medical intervention. However, the liver and immune system will be weak, and the child will need care in the nursery.
Body changes during the third trimester of pregnancy aim to prepare your body and your baby for birth.
- Shortness of breath: The growing uterus leads to pressure on the upper part of the chest, causing breathing problems (shortness of breath).
- Edema: During this time, regardless of the increase in your belly size, you will experience swelling in the ankles, feet, and hands. This condition is known as edema and is caused by fluid retention in the body. Fluid retention is caused by the increased blood flow and pressure on the uterus. In case of excessive swelling, you should consult your doctor as this may be due to a condition called preeclampsia. To get rid of swelling, you should avoid prolonged standing or sitting. It may also help to do some suitable exercises such as yoga or swimming. This condition is temporary and will go away completely once the baby is born.
- Itching: Your skin may stretch to its maximum due to the enlargement of the uterus, which may lead to itching.
- Dry skin: You should avoid bathing in hot water as it may dry out your skin.
- Fatigue: You may feel tired all the time. However, once you try to sleep, you may find it difficult. You should engage yourself in activities that make you feel sleepy.
27 weeks pregnant Belly Size
It is healthy to gain weight around 6 to 12 kg during this time. If you gain weight very quickly, it is recommended that you slow it down a little. Be aware that the calorie requirement during this period is only 300-500 per day.
Since the fetus has also grown, it can get kicked and hiccups at the 27th week of pregnancy.
27 Weeks Pregnant symptoms
By 27 weeks pregnant, your baby will be old enough that you can feel his movements in the womb. Some of the common symptoms a woman feels during the 27th week of pregnancy are:
Fatigue – You may feel tired mentally and physically due to the changes taking place in your body.
Pelvic pressure and lower back pain – You may experience some abdominal cramps due to the increased weight of the uterus.
Vaginal Discharge – There may be an increase or change in vaginal secretions that may be watery or bloody.
Severe pain and a flabby stomach – you may feel sore and sore at times in your stomach.
Pain or burning during urination – lack of adequate water may cause pain or burning while urinating.
Braxton Hicks contractions – also called false labor, these contractions prepare the abdominal muscles for childbirth.
Blurred vision and headache.
Swelling or puffiness of the face, ankles, feet, and weight gain are symptoms of edema, a condition in which the body retains water.
Dizziness along with an increase in a heartbeat – the more blood volume in the body, the heart works harder to pump, and this can lead to a fast heartbeat and lightheadedness.
Problems with breathing with coughing up blood – pressure of the uterus on the lung and increased need for oxygen may cause breathing problems.
Severe constipation with diarrhea – As the digestive system has less room for it, its efficiency diminishes, leading to this.
Itching on the body – this is due to the stretching of the skin.
Cramping in the legs – the increased weight of the uterus impedes blood flow, which leads to cramps.
27 Weeks Pregnant Ultrasound
If your pregnancy is not yet complicated, you do not need to go to your regular appointment with the doctor or have an ultrasound test during 27 weeks pregnant.
Your baby is now breathing, and the brain is always active now as well.
Pregnancy Checklist at 27 Weeks Pregnant
Here are some tips that are sure to help you take care of yourself in this period:
What to do,
- Maintaining health: You must maintain good health during pregnancy. The key is to ensure that you follow a diet rich in all the nutrients that the expectant mother needs.
- Healthy diet management: Eat healthy food to ensure the growth and development of the child.
- Personal Hygiene: Maintaining personal hygiene by keeping the surrounding environment clean and developing personal hygiene is extremely important to prevent injuries.
- Stress: You must stay away from stress and anxiety as it can negatively affect you.
What not to do,
- Avoid excess sugar and salt – consuming too much sugar and salt may lead to gestational diabetes.
- Limit caffeine – Caffeine tends to dehydrate the body, and thus you should avoid consuming it and eat healthier options such as green tea because it is an antioxidant.
- Excessive Rush – It is advisable to slow down while completing your daily tasks. The increase in your weight and the growth of the baby inside you increase the chances of falls or injuries.
What should you buy,
Since you are around the end of your pregnancy, you should start planning to buy things you may need:
- Start shopping for baby nursery accessories and baby furniture.
- Start shopping for things you’ll need in the hospital and at homes like nursing bras, pajamas, baby clothes, car seats, baby diapers, and wipes.
Additional important things to think about in week 27 of pregnancy
What are the signs of premature labor?
This is the time to get information on important things that may happen, such as preterm labor. Birth of this type occurs when labor begins before the 37th week. How do we know that this is premature birth? Here are several references:
1. Labor pains are not the same as false labor (Brixton Hicks). False labor subsides when you are resting, walking, or changing position. It is irregular and varies in duration and strength.
2. Continuous labor pains with constant time differences between them, accompanied by pain in the lower back.
3. If you notice vaginal secretions, include bleeding.
4. If there is a flow of water from the vagina.
If you experience signs of premature labor, you must go to the hospital immediately.
If you haven’t yet had a glucose tolerance test, you can take it until next week. The examination aims to rule out gestational diabetes, which some pregnant women suffer from, and requires treatment. Method of examination:
You will be asked to come to the examination after fasting. At the clinic, you will drink a cup of glucose solution, and an hour later, your blood sugar level will be checked. If elevated levels of diabetes are detected, you will be asked to come for additional screening while you are fasting as well.
Nutrition at 27 Weeks Pregnant
You must continue to maintain a healthy diet to ensure that you and the baby receive adequate nutrition. Here’s a quick look at the foods to eat at Week 27 that are right for you:
- You should drink at least 12 cups of fluids per day. This will prevent urinary tract infections and relieve constipation, which is common during pregnancy.
- Dairy products, green leafy vegetables, legumes, sesame seeds, almonds, walnuts, and figs are high sources of calcium and protein. Calcium and protein help develop the baby’s bones and teeth.
Exercises At 27 Weeks Pregnant
You must do exercises suitable for this stage of pregnancy. This helps you maintain weight and confidence in yourself and reduces any inconveniences you may experience during pregnancy (such as constipation, back pain). And exercising regularly makes the birth process much smoother, too! However, you should always consult your doctor and do exercises under the supervision of a certified trainer.