Hi mum, We did it! We have reached 28 weeks pregnant, which begins roughly the last trimester of our pregnancy. I hope you are preparing to meet me because, according to my feelings, this will be a completely life-changing meeting.
Once you enter the 28th week of pregnancy, you and your baby have started together with the final stage of pregnancy, which extends from the seventh month until birth by counting the months.
Despite the difference that occurs during 28 Weeks Pregnant between the nature of your breathing and the breathing of your fetus, as he breathes more easily, while your breathing process becomes more difficult, but you both suffer from difficulty moving; The fetus prevents it from free movement, the narrowing of the space that increases every day around it,
As for you, your body has become heavy and no longer moves easily and smoothly.
At 28 weeks pregnant, Your baby is about the size of A GRAPEFRUIT
Length: 37.6 cm
- You are in the third trimester
- You are in the seventh month
- The remaining number of weeks: 12
- The weight of the baby in the twenty-eighth week of pregnancy is about one kilogram, almost twice its size just 4 weeks ago.
- The percentage of fat in the child’s body is now as high as 3%.
- The baby’s feet are about 5.5cm long.
- There may be movement of the eyeball, and the baby’s teeth must be formed under the gums.
- The hair on your child’s head is completely clear.
- The mother may notice the pattern of the baby’s movement because the child now has his pattern of sleeping and waking up. However, your child’s sleep pattern may not be the same as your sleep pattern and schedule. The child may be active at the same time you are trying to sleep.
- A child at this stage may have rapid eye movement during sleep, which indicates that the child is dreaming.
- A child’s brain continues to develop, and billions of neurons are formed.
- Other body systems such as the lungs and liver continue to develop.
- The lung is well developed, and the baby’s chances of surviving outside the womb significantly improve by 90%.
- However, in the event of premature birth, there are still some complications and risks, and the baby must remain in the nursery for care.
- Small capillaries form in the uterus, meeting the growing baby’s need for blood, and the mother passes the baby’s antibodies to increase his chances of surviving outside the womb.
With all the development of the fetus inside your belly, you will experience more changes in your body during pregnancy in the last trimester. Common body changes that occur during pregnancy can include the list mentioned below:
Stretch marks appear on your abdomen: These are small tear marks that appear on your skin and are caused by stretch marks during the last trimester of pregnancy. This could be a hereditary issue as well, so if your mom had it during her pregnancy, the chances that you too will develop these stretch marks increase.
Lack of sleep at night: This is common during this period of pregnancy and is caused by factors such as your baby’s frequent kicks, your large belly, frequent trips to the bathroom, and many other things.
Swollen feet: Also known as edema, this results from water retention in the body in addition to weight gain.
Other common body changes during the third trimester can include milky secretions from the breasts and swollen veins in the lower part of the body.
28 weeks pregnant Belly Size
During 28 Weeks Pregnant, your baby should be in the correct position (head down) inside your tummy in preparation for labor. The height of your abdomen, the distance between your pubic bone and the top of your uterus, should be about 26 to 30 cm. If you are pregnant with twins, measuring the height of your abdomen may not be possible.
You should now start noticing if your baby is constantly moving throughout the day. Check how long it takes for your baby to reach 10 fetal movements per day. Ideally, this should be done in less than two hours.
28 Weeks Pregnant symptoms
There are many different symptoms and feelings that a pregnant woman experiences during pregnancy and until the date of birth comes. So she must follow some steps and advice directed to her by the attending physician to alleviate these symptoms, and the symptoms of pregnancy in the twenty-eighth week include the following:
- A significant and noticeable change in breast size for some pregnant women due to the mammary glands’ willingness to do their job.
- Change in the shape and size of the abdomen due to the continuous growth of the child every day inside the womb.
- Weight gain above normal.
- Some pregnant women develop anaphylaxis during pregnancy.
- Alteration in hormones causing significant and noticeable mood swings.
- Feeling a headache.
- Aversion to certain delicacies and a tendency to sugars or citrus fruits.
- Constant nausea in the morning, especially when waking up.
- Constant anxiety and fear of childbirth and also the health of the fetus.
Uncommon pregnancy symptoms at the 28th week
- Stomach pain, which causes heartburn.
- As a result of the increase in the fetus’s size, weight, and pressure on the bladder of a pregnant woman, the rate of entering the bathroom increases, resulting in frequent urination.
- The inability to carry some things and fall unintentionally.
- One of the symptoms of pregnancy in the twenty-eighth week is the emergence of so-called “Braxton contractions,” which are false mucus.
- Extreme anxiety during sleep, which leads to disturbances in sleep times and not getting enough sleep.
- The fetus puts pressure on the back as well as the spine, resulting in the pregnant woman suffering severe pain in the back.
- Feeling of slight swelling for some in the area of ??the feet and hands.
28 Weeks Pregnant Ultrasound
After 28 Weeks Pregnant, more sebum has formed on your baby’s body, and skin is starting to become smoother. The lung is now mature enough to begin the process of breathing.
Unless there are any complications associated with the pregnancy, no doctor will recommend an ultrasound test during 28 Weeks Pregnant. In the next period, you may start seeing your doctor once every two weeks or twice a month.
Pregnancy Checklist at 28 Weeks Pregnant
As you near your due date, here are some tips for the basic things you should and shouldn’t do.
What to do,
Listed below are some pointers to do during the third trimester of pregnancy.
- Make sure to schedule your appointment with the doctor for the 28th week of pregnancy, and keep going to this appointment.
- Note and record the regular number of kicks of the fetus.
- Make sure you get a lot of sleep.
- Maintain a daily exercise schedule.
What not to do,
Here are some tips on what to be careful to steer clear of at every stage of your pregnancy.
- Avoid smoking as it can lead to low weight and respiratory problems.
- Not to drink alcohol, as it can greatly affect your child’s overall development.
- Not eating raw or undercooked meat or eggs.
- Avoid deli meats such as hot dogs and sausages.
- Avoid sitting in a sauna or hot tub.
What should you buy,
The rapid increase in the size of your abdomen can create a lot of discomfort in the abdominal area, and this puts pressure on the spine. You can shop for a maternity belt if you suffer from severe pelvic and hip pain. Buying an abdominal wrap would also be a good idea to reduce back strain.
Maternity compression stockings above the knee are also a good idea to provide relief from pain in the leg muscles and veins.
Nutrition at 28 Weeks Pregnant
There are some important foods for the pregnant woman that work to alleviate the symptoms of pregnancy as it maintains the health of the fetus and relieves the tension that you feel because of these symptoms, including the following:
- Eating ice cream can reduce the symptoms of pregnancy in the twenty-eighth week, especially morning sickness that affects the pregnant woman, which is caused by an increase in the hormone estrogen in the blood.
- Eating salted biscuits reduces nausea when you wake up because eating them in the morning helps relieve feelings of vomiting and nausea.
- Lemon helps relieve the symptoms of pregnancy, and it can be used in soup or as a juice and can be taken as a hot drink.
- The vitamins in fresh fruits help relieve pregnancy symptoms, including back pain caused by the child’s pressure on the spine area, and help get rid of nausea.
- Among pregnancy symptoms are constipation and indigestion, but this can be alleviated by eating foods full of whole grains, and it can also be used to get rid of nausea in the morning.
- Maintaining the intake of hot drinks such as mint relaxes muscles and relieves stomach cramps, as well as ginger, but as long as it is not over-consumed.
Exercises At 28 Weeks Pregnant
At 28 Weeks Pregnant, Exercise has many benefits for a pregnant woman because it relieves much of the pain that a pregnant woman can feel. Still, it is necessary to consult a doctor before exercising and also choose the appropriate exercises for you that are in line with you, and among those benefits are the following:
- Exercise helps relieve back and spine pain during pregnancy and get rid of unwanted extra pounds after childbirth.
- Strengthening the muscles of the legs, back, and cartilage.
- Getting rid of the tension caused by the many hormones that accumulate during pregnancy.
- Increase blood flow to the baby to keep the baby healthy in the womb.
- Rid the body of sagging and lines that appear after childbirth.
- Reducing pregnancy symptoms, especially in the first weeks or months.
- Reducing stomach pain, indigestion, and constipation due to the increase in the proportion of hormones above normal, including progesterone.
- Improvement of the mental state and mood of the pregnant woman.