Hey dear Mama! At 5 weeks pregnant, I feel so excited, this week my little heart started to beat. All this happens due to my heart and blood system (circulatory system) taking shape, and there is a bump indicating where the heart has developed.
At the end of the fifth week of pregnancy, my blood vessels are built. And the umbilical cord replaces the albumin sac. Now the umbilical cord is attached to the placenta. It brings me oxygen and food and gets rid of dirt.
At 5 weeks pregnant, Your baby is about the size of A Pomegranate Seed.
- You are in the first trimester.
- You are in the second month.
- The remaining number of weeks: 35
From the 5th week of pregnancy, your baby’s brain and spinal cord can be seen through his translucent skin. At this time, your baby’s circulatory system is in place, and his heart starts beating. With the fetus’s heartbeat, its size almost doubles in this week, and its heartbeat increases and becomes twice the heartbeat of an adult.
At 5 weeks pregnant, the nervous system continues to develop. Simultaneously, the formation of the essential organs, such as the lungs, stomach, kidneys, liver, and reproductive organs, is completed.
The fetus’s shape in the fifth week of pregnancy looks closer to the little frog chick than to the human form. It begins with the withdrawal of oxygen and nutrients through the newly formed placenta and umbilical cord.
As for the size of the fetus in the fifth week of pregnancy, it ranges between 5 and 7 mm, and the features of its face begin to form; For example, small protrusions appear in place of the eyes, the nose and mouth expand, and the ears appear as small lobes. While the fetus loses its tail this week and its arms and feet are developing significantly, its head is still tilted forward.
At 5 weeks pregnant, you will have received many signals from your body that you are pregnant. It is time to take a pregnancy test, and upon confirmation, let your partner know. The pregnancy hormone, the HCG-releasing hormone, is very high in your urine at this time, and you’re 99% more likely to have a positive result if you’re already pregnant.
Mood swings are the most noticeable change that you and those around you will have to adapt to over the next nine months. Other body changes during pregnancy vary from woman to woman, but we will discuss some common changes that are also pregnancy symptoms.
Belly at 5 weeks pregnant
At 5 weeks pregnant, your belly won’t look any different. You may feel a little bloated or feel like you have gained about 1 kilogram, but this is very rare. There may not be any increase in pregnancy during the fifth week. Many mothers who continually experience nausea and vomiting may lose a little weight. But don’t worry about that. You have 8 months to gain a lot of weight.
5 Weeks Pregnant symptoms
Pregnancy symptoms will be most evident from this week onward until the end of the first trimester. In only a small number of cases, these symptoms persist throughout pregnancy, which could be a little tricky.
- Breast pain is one of the most common and most prominent symptoms during the fifth week of pregnancy.
- Well, by this week you may realize that feeling sick and a sore morning is not a “morning sickness”. It can occur at any time of the day. Most mothers feel nauseous throughout the day and until the end of the first trimester. The smell of some foodstuffs could make you vomit right away.
- Baby’s growth occurs at an accelerated rate, which makes you feel exhausted. It’s okay to feel tired and nap or take a nap any time during the day if you feel like it. It isn’t much you can do about it other than taking a break when you need to.
- Your kidneys are expanding now, and you may feel the urge to go to the bathroom more than ever!
- During the fifth week, if you feel your stomach cramps, this may mean that your uterus is expanding and extending your ligaments. But if the cramp is abnormally painful, see your doctor immediately.
- Spotting may occur after sex due to pressure on the soft cervix. And since it’s already the fifth week, consulting a doctor if it does happen isn’t a bad idea.
In a few cases, pregnant women do not experience any of the symptoms listed above, or they come and go. But this is entirely normal, and having no pregnancy signs does not mean there is any problem with conceiving.
5 Weeks Pregnant Ultrasound
Your doctor may not recommend an ultrasound during the fifth week. Screening could only be recommended for women with a history of pregnancy complications. Also, your baby’s heart is starting to beat this week, but none of this can be seen or felt during the ultrasound scan. All that can be seen on this examination is the thick endometrium that is slowly moving up and down.
Pregnancy Checklist at 5 Weeks Pregnant
Rest and sleep significantly affect your general health. So, please close your eyes and take a nap whenever you feel like it. Eight hours of sleep is mandatory. Make room for it in your daily schedule.
Rising progesterone levels, low blood sugar, low blood pressure, and increased blood volume are all things that make you feel exhausted. Rest and sleep is the only way to boost your mood. Consequently, let us congratulate ourselves on a sleep free from worries or distress for ourselves.
You have to do,
- Consult your doctor and get a blood test done at a medical center.
- Exclude unpasteurized food, under-cooked meats, and eggs from your diet.
- Find healthy, delicious, and desirable alternatives to various nutrients.
- Improve your taste buds with the help of vitamin B6, ginger capsules, nausea-reducing tablets, or acupressure bracelets.
- Get some healthy and light exercise to build strength and boost endurance.
- Take a pregnancy and prenatal vitamin supplement with folic acid.
- Drink lots and lots of water.
What you should refrain from,
What you need to shop for,
The shopping needs of the fifth week remain uncomplicated. Buy a pregnancy book or magazine about pregnancy, comfortable cotton bras, elastic pants, thin leggings, and anything else that is too loose on the stomach. Buttons from skinny jeans could seem a little uncomfortable on your swollen belly, so avoid wearing them.
Tips for dealing with constant fatigue,
- Take your vitamins regularly.
- Do some light exercise, such as walking.
- Get some rest or a nap during the day.
- Try to sleep early.
- Eat balanced meals.
Soon your body averages will return to normal within the second three months.
Additional tips that you must follow
Perhaps your familiarity with the extent of fetus development at 5 weeks pregnant, and the incredible speed with which it develops, alerts you to the importance of eating balanced food; This period of pregnancy is a crucial period, during which the type of food during which it can affect the child for the rest of his entire life.
- If the symptoms of this period prevent you from eating, I recommend that you do not fall short of eating vegetables, fruits, and water, at least.
- Try as much as possible to calm the mood and talk to those around you about what you are doing and feeling, as this will help you reduce mood swings and lead the pregnancy in the right direction. You can also take as much as you need to supplement tablets prescribed by your doctor.
- Beware of eating raw or under-cooked meat; The same applies to eggs; Because eating such foods in the wrong way may cause birth defects.
- You, dear mother, should stay away as much as possible from everything that contains artificial colors, preservatives, and chemicals; Your little one’s liver will not handle all of these things.
- Know that eating healthy food from the time of pregnancy until the end of pregnancy helps your baby to follow the same healthy routine when he first started eating.
- So that you can face the troubles of your pregnancy that start before the fifth week of pregnancy and continue until the end of it, know that all these symptoms happen to you because your body is working with all its energy to serve the growth of your fetus and protect it and preserve it from what harms it.
- And in the end, dear woman, we tell you that your child deserves a lot from you, give him everything that you can offer, and do not skimp on him for what will benefit him. Your happiness will not be complete without seeing it healthy and healthy in your hands.
Nutrition At 5 Weeks Pregnant
Small changes, significant differences!
It is a proven fact that pregnant women should eat healthily at all times. But how much you can eat from week 5 until the end of the first trimester remains a big question.
Aversion to food is a simple term that can define the state of disgust with food in light of the development you witness during this stage. In particular, the sight of eggs, poultry, and other protein-rich poultry foods can drive you crazy. Here are some tips on how to develop a protein-rich diet in the fifth week of pregnancy.
- Look for foods rich in protein outside of poultry. Indulge in soy pasta, tofu, nuts, legumes, beans, and some grains.
- Do you hate milk? There is always cheese and yogurt to supplement the calcium from yogurt, and that’s good enough.
- Vegetables make you angry and lose your appetite? Feel free to substitute orange greens and lots of citrus fruits and other fruits.
- Treat yourself the way you like. Some carbs here and there won’t hurt you. By the end of the first trimester, you will probably start enjoying your food. Keep calm.
Exercises At 5 Weeks Pregnant
The situation here is not much different from the first month in terms of exercise potential, quality, or reasons to stay away from it. But in particular, walking is a primitive and ideal human activity for a pregnant woman, as most new birth centers advise mothers this week to walk for many hours.
As walking helps move the arms, thus building upper body strength, giving the body a sense of flexibility, and walking at a fast pace As a healthy exercise for the heart’s integrity. Pregnant women are advised to walk for thirty minutes every day, walk 3-5 times a week, or start walking every day for ten minutes.
Essential things to think about at 5 weeks pregnant
We are preparing for a visit to the doctor,
Regular pregnancy follow-up visits are crucial to monitor your health and the health of your fetus during pregnancy. Your first visit to the gynecologist will be next week. It will be an essential visit. The doctor will confirm your pregnancy; he will record your medical history and conduct checks to ensure that the pregnancy progresses according to the stage in which you are.
If you haven’t done genetic testing to detect carriers of genetically transmitted diseases, now is the time to do it.
Remember: good communication with your doctor is the key to success. If you do not understand anything, ask for additional explanation or details. The more information you have, the better you’ll be able to make the right decisions for you during pregnancy.
Do not forget to take care of yourself, go to the doctor if you experience any pain or a physical problem, even if the pregnancy has nothing to do with it.
Visit the Dentist
While you likely have your first prenatal appointment, you should also schedule an appointment to see a dentist. The American Dental Association, the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, and the American Academy of Pediatrics all advocate that pregnant women visit the dentist.
The same hormonal changes that can cause nausea and breast tenderness can also cause gum inflammation (pregnancy gingivitis). If ignored, pregnancy gingivitis can lead to more severe gum complications such as periodontitis, increasing the likelihood of preterm birth.
Signs of a miscarriage at 5 weeks pregnant
This stage of pregnancy is very critical, as about 10% of pregnant women are at risk of miscarriage, so here are the warning symptoms of miscarriage:
- Vaginal bleeding, in the form of heavy spots that contain clots, and accompanied by pain in the pelvis and back
- Pelvic pain
- Dizziness or fainting
- Pain in the shoulder
Advice for Partners at 5 weeks pregnant
Learning that you and your partner are soon-to-be parents is daunting for both of you, whether your pregnancy was planned or not. While she may be going through the physical symptoms, both of you are going through a natural emotional roller coaster. Empathy and compassion must be shown to both of you.